The 2018 Queen and Princesses Contest is now OPEN!
Could you be the next Stampede Queen or Princess?
Review the main qualifications below (check out the application for the full list) , and download your application here. Then, make sure you've attested to your horsemanship abilities by sending in a video (see application for full details of what to include in your video) or submitting this document, signed by a qualified equestrian trainer.
What do I need to do?
To be a Calgary Stampede Queen or Princess, you must...
- Be able to ride a horse, and be able to demonstrate your abilities by sending in a video or getting a riding instructor to sign and submit this letter with your application form;
- Be a female between 19 and 24 years of age as of August 1, 2017;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Be a Canadian citizen;
-Have basic social media competency;
- Commit to living within 100 km of Stampede Park in Calgary, Alberta, if you are successful in the contest;
- Not be married nor have a child, due to the intense time commitment required;
- Have a valid Canadian passport (through to 6 months past the end of the reign);
- Have a current, valid driver's license (if crowned, must have a Class 5 licence) and full access to a vehicle;
- Not have a criminal record and consent to a security check.
That's it! Good Luck!
"A cowgirl is a woman with guts and a horse!" ~ Author Unknown